RichieHilton™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicole Richie & Paris Hilton Forum!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boolean Data Types

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Super Goo
Addicted!
Addicted!
Super Goo

Male
Number of posts : 571
Music Genre : Rap
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Boolean Data Types Empty
PostSubject: Boolean Data Types   Boolean Data Types EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:44 am

Having troubles working with cookie variables : Boolean Types

If i store a boolean variable in a cookie, then get the boolean variable back, it always returns it as a string. Meaning, i cant use if variablename, i have to enter if variablename == "true". Making boolean coding useless, cause it has to run like strings. I need to method to convert a string back to boolean, and i was wondering if there was any predefined functions to do this ?

The new boolean(value) function, returns false if value isnt something, and true if value is something. If value is 0, undefined, or Nan, it returns false. but there is nothing to simply convert a string boolean, back to a normal boolean.

Perhaps theres an answer in the valueof() command, which im not sure how it works, it converts a date tues 3,08,.. to 2308,..and says it converts an object to its primitive, but what is a primitive string. And i dont get what a primitive boolean is. Ive tried using it in every part of my coding, but it makes no difference when converting from cookie boolean to string boolean. Perhaps the only way is to write a function, and return the boolean value in its correct data type, or simply use 0'1 and 1's for true and false in cookies, cause i can just use new boolean to work with them.

Craig

Last edited by Super Goo on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gooism.net
Super Goo
Addicted!
Addicted!
Super Goo

Male

Boolean Data Types Empty
PostSubject: On another topic,...   Boolean Data Types EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 pm

I recently learnt that animation frame rates, of between 5 and 55 frames per second, can cause seizures, and reduce your websites usability. Meaning that all timeouts, and intervals must really be set outside the 18.18 to 500 range.(1000/55).

That said, my website would just jam up. Its timed for flash rates of 120 fps, in 120 fps rate environments, with 48 fps control functions, so that its control does not sufer from frame rate drops as much. In fact ive tried all combinations to get the most out of it as possible, and it certainly is a balance. And one thing can upset the balance.

I was programming with the intent to keep basic animation to the 50 to 100 range, just so that it takes the load off the computer. An animation in the 500 range, would just look jumpy, and tackey. Ive personally found animations around the 20 range, see to be more compatible between browsers, 10 slowing down ie, and not firefox, 30 ie is fine, and firefox slows, just under my conditions of many flash elements.

Perhaps i cant do anything about dreamweaver generated report errors, involving animation flickering effects that lead to seizures, although i thought it was interesting.

Craig

Last edited by Super Goo on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Super Goo
Addicted!
Addicted!
Super Goo

Male

Boolean Data Types Empty
PostSubject: ...   Boolean Data Types EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 3:27 pm

jQuery, mootools, etc. use (document).ready - find out more from http://api.jquery.com/browser/ Events ..Page Load
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boolean Data Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boolean Data Types   Boolean Data Types Empty

Back to top Go down

Boolean Data Types
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RichieHilton™ :: General Chat-
Jump to: